Established in 1902, Ernst Cafe has consistently provided excellent service and hospitality from its key location in the historic warehouse district of New Orleans. From generation to generation people have enjoyed indulging in their favorite spirits, and fun at this century-old Brunswick bar. Originally founded by John, William and Charles Ernst, Ernst Cafe has been locally owned and operated for 106 years. While not much has changed in the past century in regards to friends and fun, Ernst Cafe has evolved into a premier provider for special events. Simply put, Ernst Cafe thrives on meeting the needs of its customers and creating an atmosphere of fun with a touch of nostalgic class. While renovations have modernized the inner-workings of the building, nothing has been done to the main structure. The building, with it’s original pressed tin ceiling, has been purposely preserved to protect its architectural integrity.
With history comes progress and Ernst Cafe is proud to introduce The Chicory, a 9,000 square foot expansion featuring exposed beams, brick walls, and gas lanterns. Originally built in 1852 as a coffee warehouse, The Chicory has maintained its simple name with New Orleans pride. Using the neighboring structures, Ernst Cafe has opened its walls and added three elegant rooms to its existing one. The Chicory will open in May 2009 accommodating up to eight hundred guests to become a premier wedding venue.